Pages

Wednesday 11 July 2012

The Flying Passage of Time

The past few weeks have flown by and I've lost track of time. It's been a while since I have blogged and I am missing it. The main reason I have been a bit quiet is that I have been busy completing job applications and am therefore wishing to spend my remaining spare time away from the computer. My contract for my current role is due to end in September, so I feel it's good to start looking now. I have to admit, I really despise applying for jobs. There's only so many times you can blow your own trumpet before you become sick of reading about how excellent you are. Maintaining enthusiasm amidst multiple rejections isn't that easy either.

I have to admit that I am also feeling pretty tired. I'm so tired that I just typed 'Youtube' into the search box on Youtube itself *sigh*  This has not been helped by the weather of late. I know that people joke about the British summer and it wouldn't be the same without a few wet days, but the recent spate of appalling weather is not funny anymore. This picture sums it up well*:


We're all getting a little more saturated in our time spent outside than our stiff upper lip finds acceptable. Consequently I've been in a bit of a mopey mood, feeling sorry for myself, and wanting to hibernate in the middle of JULY.

But, the truth is, this summer is still good. I've been able to enjoy many things, such as:

Long country walks on those precious days when the sun has come out.

Paddling in the freezing sea whilst getting rosy cheeks in the bright sunshine, at one of the most beautiful spots in Sussex, Cuckmere Haven.


Having a cuddle with the beautiful baby daughter of my parents' god-daughter, when she was just one week old.

Catching up and spending quality time with old and new friends.

Eating delicious meringues made by my husband.

Booking tickets to see the Spice Girls musical Viva Forever in January. I apologise for nothing.

And drinking tea, obviously...


Add to that the bigger things, like the fact that our part of the country hasn't been flooded, and that we're both healthy, and all those important things. Yes, perspective is good.

I verge towards the pessimistic side of life, and struggle with rejection, grey skies, and boredom. I go through phases where I feel I have nothing to give and that's how I feel right now. But I know that it won't last. I have a loving Father who guides me, who never leaves me, and knows far better than I ever could what is best for me.

And, as Christopher Robin said to Pooh, "You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

*Did you know that the real Hundred Acre Wood is part of the Ashdown Forest, a few miles north of where I live? And yes, I have played Pooh Sticks at Pooh Bridge :D

Picture from The Disney Wiki. Photos my own.

2 comments:

  1. Job applications can be so tiring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's having to tailor make the personal statement for each one, especially when there are lots to do!

      Delete