Pages

Monday 6 February 2012

Winter Weariness

Christmas was cool. VnV Nation in London were awesome. Celebrating my brother-in-law's engagement to his lovely girlfriend was wonderful. The gospel concert at church was fantastic as always. The country walks have been brilliant fun. Snow, when it finally came this weekend, has been a joy. And eating ice cream by the sea in the face of bitterly cold winds was an experience!

Snow comes to Sussex

This winter has not been devoid of wonderful happenings. But I am tired of being chilled to the bone. I am tired of the lack of sunshine. I am tired of losing buttons from my coat. I am weary of winter and longing for spring. I'm counting down the days.

Photo my own.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo! There is never snow here in Sydney, so when I experienced it Cardiff I was overjoyed! However, to be honest after just a few hours it did get a bit much... so I can see why you'd be over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I do get excited when it snows, it makes everything look so beautiful it's hard not to. I am just very bad at being cold! It's awesome that you got to experience snow when you came over to Britain, it must have been magical :)

      Delete
  2. Ugh. Me too. Tired and weary of winter. It's snowing right this minute. All day :( Where or where has the sun gone? I feel like continuous lack of it showing up is going to render me the color of chalk. I need a tan! And I refuse to go tanning. So there you have it.

    I too lost a button on my coat. I hate sewing :( So it remains on my dresser and I remain without it :)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, another one is about to come off, it's hanging on its last threads! I should just sit down and sew them back on because the gaps they have left in my coat make for a very unpleasant draft in the icy cold, no matter how many layers I am wearing underneath! But I'm not a fan of sewing either ;)

    ReplyDelete