Pages

Friday 27 January 2012

Fun Facts About Me

Kayleigh of A Million Little Somethings tagged me in her blog, and I have now been tasked with sharing 11 things about myself and then answering 11 of Kayleigh's questions, so here goes:


11 Things About Me

1. My husband fell in love with me shortly after we first met. I fell in love with him five years later. It's actually a pretty cool story. Maybe I will tell it on my blog sometime.

2. I recently started my family tree. I already knew I had Italian heritage, but I have now discovered that I have French heritage too. This is getting interesting and complicated!

3. Rome is my favourite city that I have visited so far in my life. It is just amazing.

4. I am a bit of a hypochondriac, which can be very annoying, but one of the benefits is I now know an awful lot about various symptoms and diseases, hurrah!

5. I think that castles are the best buildings in Britain. Palaces and stately homes are nothing in comparison.

6. When I was 10 I joined the only Scout troop in town that would accept girls because I thought the Girl Guides were sissy. At the time I thought it was much more fun to play wide games than bake cookies. Now I like both equally as much.

7. My parents sometimes think my brothers and I are actually from a different planet. We have very flexible faces, so can make all kinds of terrifying expressions. My parents do not share this ability. All 3 of us also have double-jointed thumbs when neither of our parents do. We're also just...well...weird... xD

8. I used to be an avid World of Warcraft player. I gave up about a year ago, and sometimes I still miss it but I don't have any real desire to go back to playing it because there is too much else going on in life!

9. I tend to get on better with men than women in the first instance. I have great relationships with my female friends, but it's taken time for trust to grow and for those friendships to develop. In the past it has been women who have hurt me most. Sadly, that is still true now.

10. I love writing silly stories for friends and family as birthday and Christmas presents.

11. We don't have a TV, so hooray for DVD box sets and BBC iPlayer etc!


Kayleigh's Questions

1. Why did you start your blog?
I love writing so I guess it was only a matter of time. Back when I was on Bebo I kept a blog of sorts on there, and then began to do the same with Facebook Notes, mostly to share amusing mishaps in my life, fun adventures, or to rant about things that made me mad. I soon realised that a blog was a better place for such writing, and so I set up Daydreaming Out Loud.

2. What do you do at the end of a long day?
We will have an easy dinner that doesn't take much effort to make and eat whilst watching a selection of or triple bills of our favourite TV shows. We'll then probably go to bed early and do a puzzle together before falling asleep.

3. Which season is your favourite and why?
Spring, especially after the clocks have moved forward at the end of March. I cope much better with more daylight, I love all the blooming flowers, the land turning greener, an increase in wildlife in the garden, and the feeling of impending summer warmth on the breeze. Also, Easter!

4. What fictional character would you want as a best friend?
Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. I've said before that I would want to be her, but actually, she'd be a good and very funny friend to have around too.

5. Desert Island. Three items. List them.
Bible. Tent. A large box of flares.

6. If you could choose to live in a different decade purely for fashion's sake, which decade would you choose?
Well, it we're talking in the past hundred years, then I think the 1920s. I love the evolving fashion, the glamorous dresses, and the effortless look of it all. Historically, in any period ever though, it would be Medieval, circa 12th Century I think. Because of those amazing long sleeves!

7. What song makes you crank up the volume in your car?
At the moment VnV Nation accompany most of our car journeys, and we usually crank up the volume to Nemesis.

8. What is most important to you?
God. He never changes, He never wavers, He never lets me go. When all else is confusing, hurtful, and strange, He is my rock.

9. If you could choose to have one dream for your life come true, which would it be?
To be a published author.

10. Which collection of yours is bigger, books or movies?
Books. That's what two degrees and a love of fiction does to you, you need many many bookcases!

11. If you could have dinner with someone, alive or dead, who would they be?
I'd like to have both CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien round for dinner. Imagine the conversation. It would be awesome.

I'm technically meant to tag 11 more people now, but I note that the majority of blogs I follow have already done this. Also I can't think of any questions right now. Instead I thought I would recommend 11 awesome blogs I have been enjoying reading recently:

Standing on Toes by Tabitha
Alphabet Games by Lydia
Tea, Ink & Me by Jess

You can find several other excellent blogs on my 'Places I Like To Go' page :D


5 comments:

  1. You need to come & visit us, then we can take you to Conwy Castle. It's a proper sandcastle type castle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I went up to stay with a friend at Bangor University a few years ago we went into Conwy late one afternoon. It was a wet November day and getting dark. The castle was sadly closed but it looked incredible in the glow of the street lights, its damp bricks glistening. I would definitely love to go inside it :D Also, we need to come and visit you anyway, with or without a castle visit :D

      Delete
  2. Ooh I'd definitely like to read your story about how you and your husband ended up together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 sounds like an interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I "third" that request to hear more about #1! Love love stories! :) heehee.
    Too funny that your parents think you and your bro are from different planets. Galafrad, anybody??

    I really enjoyed reading more about you, girly.

    I will try to repost questions shortly! Thanks for including me! :))

    ReplyDelete