Pages

Monday 10 December 2012

What Do I Blog About When I'm Ill?

That's right - fun facts about me! Chelsie from Miss to Mrs has very kindly nominated for my second Liebster Award!

Firstly, thank you Chelsie! Secondly, I am currently out of facts about myself due to similar posts I've written in the past. I also have no one to nominate, as my first Liebster award wasn't that long ago.

But - as I am currently full of cold and my throat feels like I have swallowed a cactus - I thought it would be fun to respond to Chelsie's questions, so voila!

1. What is your favourite movie of all time?
It is quite hard for me to choose, but I would have to say the Lord of the Rings trilogy - I can't just pick one of the three. I love the acting, the cinematography, the soundtrack, the hope that the story inspires in me. Everything about it is just fantastic. It's also a big family favourite, so I am very fond of it.

2. What season do you like to dress for the most?
Autumn, as I love accessorising with brightly coloured tights and scarves, and I prefer wearing boots to any other kind of shoe. I also don't have to wrap up as much as I do in the winter.

3. Coffee or tea?
Definitely tea! There is absolutely no competition.

4. What is the most exciting thing that you have ever done?
Probably going on mission to Brazil. It was a big step for me, as it was something I'd always dreamed of doing but never believed I would ever have the courage to actually do. That trip definitely changed my life, and God richly blessed my experience out there, even though it was only for two weeks. It taught me a lot about stepping outside of my comfort zone and taking a leap of faith. That has altered how I look at things and I believe it has influenced other life decisions, stopping me from staying 'safe' and closed from the world.

5. Fashion trend that you hate?
There are many, I'm afraid. How do I pick one? At the moment I'm really not digging the whole skulls and crucifix print clothes in high street shops. It's just not my thing. But a trend that I really hate? Playsuits! Always have done, always will. I guess because I would look like a total idiot in one, but I don't really admire them on others either. Sorry to those of you who love playsuits!

6. What is the one thing that you cannot live without?
Mmm...oxygen? Hehe, I don't know, probably more things that I care to admit to being attached to.

7. Do you have any pets?
Sadly not, but I do hope to have a cat again one day.

8. What is your biggest phobia?
Tough call between thunder & lightning storms and spiders. Both leave me physically sick and trembling. Thinking about either also increases my heart rate. Not good.

9. Any hidden talents?
I don't think so. I mentioned in my response to my Liebster Award from Kayleigh of A Million Little Somethings that I inadvertently do allegedly uncanny impressions of other people. Does that count as a hidden talent?

10. Favourite indulgence?
If we're talking about food, then definitely chocolate. Cheese is a close second. However, my favourite indulgent activity is spending an entire afternoon reading a good book, with a steady supply of tea, and utter peace and quiet. I only get to do that every so often so it's a real treat.

11. What did you want to be when you were little?
The first job I remember ever wanting was to be a ballerina. I then wanted to be a nurse, then a teacher, and then settled on becoming writer, something which hasn't changed since the age of 4 or 5.

Hope you enjoyed more fun facts, and thanks again Chelsie for a welcome distraction to my cold :)


5 comments:

  1. I hope you can get a cat soon. :)

    I HATE this skulls trend. I work at a retail store where we actually sell big skull pillows for children to sleep with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We probably can't get a cat all the time that we are renting because so many private landlords refuse pets. I have some friends in rented accommodation who have cats, but they've not always found it very easy to move as a result. We hope to buy one day (if we ever can!), and then we will seriously look into getting a cat and a dog :)

      I think what bugs me most about any trend is when people wear it for the sake of it because it's "fashionable". I think some people wear certain clothes just because they're "in", not because it suits their personality or because they really like it, and that annoys me more than anything. I think skulls are a fairly niche fashion choice, so if people wear them because that's their style then okey-doke, but wearing them just because everyone else is? I find that stupid. I hold that opinion about fashion in general though!

      Delete
    2. Same here. I don't understand fashion and trends at all. Why spend money on stuff that you don't really like, or stop wearing something you do like, just because of what everyone else is doing?

      Delete
  2. I definitely think the impression thing counts as a hidden talent! I also agree with the playsuits thing... :S

    Hope you feel better now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am feeling better now, although still a little croaky and stuffed up. It's one of those colds that lingers, but each day I am sounding less and less like Marge Simpson, thankfully! :)

      Delete