Pages

Wednesday 7 December 2011

The Christmas Cold

Deep in darkest Sussex a new strain of rhinovirus rears its ugly head every Christmas. This year it has kicked off early in the Advent season, and to my great bitterness has chosen to afflict me. I should be grateful, I suppose, that I do not actually have it over Christmas itself.

I don't like to be miserable when I'm ill, and I choose to ignore it for as long as possible. Today I went to work and even decorated the office Christmas Tree. I later met my mum for hot chocolate, and I then did some Christmas shopping. So I'm not that ill.

But right now I just feel bunged up, snotty, sleepy and generally disgusting, bleurgh. I guess you could say that I feel a little sorry for myself, awww.... I've taken paracetamol, keep eating fruit and vegetables, and I have been drinking lots of fluids, although each time I make another drink for my sore throat I'm reminded of one of my many favourite Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) quotes, "What else would I drink? Gases, solids, ionised plasma?"  Indeed Sheldon, indeed.

Right now I am sitting at the computer with the heating on as the freezing wind howls outside, wrapped up in a blanket, and attempting to ameliorate my yuckiness with some Christmas cheer.

I'm mostly searching for Christmas carols on YouTube, and thinking about our plans of the festive period. I'm a bit of a sucker for choral music, especially at Christmas. This is one of my favourites:


Rejoice! Rejoice! Christ is born!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've just remembered that I forgot to eat my chocolate from my Advent Calendar this morning...

2 comments: