Pages

Sunday 10 January 2010

The Little Things

Unfortunately the snow and ice did put paid to my aforementioned plans for the weekend. Also, I was ill. I've had a cold since just after New Year's Day, one of those annoying ones that takes it's time about leaving, and makes you feel more unwell than a cold really ought to. Add to this snow and freezing temperatures, and I felt pretty shite. So, in a way, it was for the best that I had to stay at home yesterday.

Last night I felt particularly rough, but I woke up this morning feeling quite a bit better and a lot less bunged up. I wanted muffins for breakfast. We live right by a petrol station that has a 24hr shop, and so my fiance went over there to buy some muffins. I went back to bed. I woke some time later. The petrol station didn't have any muffins. But my fiance had made some himself. A hundred times better, and just the ticket for making me feel well enough to get out of bed and with a smile on my face.

My weekend hasn't gone as planned, and I am rubbish at being unwell, but the little things, like delicious home-made muffins by the man you love, go a long way to making you feel so much better :D

No comments:

Post a Comment