Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

I'm Back!

Yes, that's right. I am back after a whole year away. What can I say? I have no real excuses other than pregnancy related sickness and tiredness, moving house, and having a baby, all of which held me back when it came to writing of any kind, let alone updating my blog.

2014 was an amazing year for us. We bought a house, both of my brothers got engaged, my husband was promoted at work, and best of all we welcomed our precious daughter into the world.

There have been many ups and downs, highs and lows, throughout the year as there are always are, but I can't deny that 2014 really was fantastic as far as years go.

I'm not one for making New Year's Resolutions but I've had so many things I've wanted to write and blog about that I am determined that 2015 will be a better year in that respect.

I have had a chance to think about what I want my blog to be. I want it to continue along the same vein it always has, sharing my adventures, philosophies, and my faith, perhaps with a little more structure (if you're lucky!) I will of course be blogging about my daughter too. Although I have no intention of making this a "mummy blog" there are a lot of things I would like to share and discuss about being a mother and the things that God is teaching me through motherhood, as well as how my life has changed. I am a mother but I am also a wife, daughter, sister, and friend. I have a job that I will be returning to. I still write fiction and yearn to write more. Above all, I still have my faith. So my blog will be much the same but also very different. And who knows? Perhaps 2015 will be my most disciplined blogging year yet. We shall see.

For now, may I wish any of you who may come across this post a very Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome back. Congrats on the birth of your daughter! Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete