Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Colours of Autumn

We've just had a beautiful stretch of weather here in England with clear blue skies and warm temperatures. It's the hottest start to October that we've had in many many years according to the Met Office.

Whatever the facts we've been enjoying this extra spurt of summer. Yesterday was the last of the warm spell, and as my first day of freedom from the council I decided to enjoy it. My husband had taken the day off work so we took a picnic to Sheffield Park and then wandered around the landscaped gardens to admire the amazing colours of the trees at this time of year.




Our garden at home is full of Michaelmas daisies and rosehips, and yesterday the ivy was graced with red admiral butterflies and numerous honey bees. My husband spend a long time taking pictures - below are a couple of my favourites.



Our fruit and veg have come to their seasonal end, except the squashes which are a little confused by the heat and have begun to grow. We hope to harvest them before the first frost!

Photos my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment