Pages

Saturday 30 April 2011

Congrats to Wills & Kate!

Yesterday I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Royal Wedding of Prince William to Catherine Middleton on TV with my mum. It was a historic moment - one where I can say to my children/grandchildren/nephews/nieces/godchildren (whichever I am blessed with), that I saw it that day.

Ok so I wasn't in London with the crowds, and I didn't attend any street or garden parties to celebrate, but just spending the day with my mum watching the arrivals, the ceremony, and the balcony scene on TV was special and made us feel part of the day.

My brothers and a number of my friends are vehemently anti-royalist. Whilst I do understand their views in many ways, I believe the royal family are an asset to this country, and I think that Kate is a wonderful addition to their ranks. She looked every bit a princess in her beautiful wedding dress, and it was pretty obvious for all the world to see how much she and William love each other.

We celebrated with a home-made raspberry gateau made in honour of the occasion, which was delicious (and as I don't like fruit cake or marzipan better than wedding cake!), and when we went out with my dad and my husband for dinner that evening we said a special toast to the happy couple.

Congratulations to their Royal Highnesses, the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge! May your marriage be blessed and your love for each other grow more each day!

Here are some lovely pictures from the special day on the BBC website.

No comments:

Post a Comment