Pages

Sunday 7 February 2010

Chocolate for Girls

Most evenings we unwind with an episode of 'West Wing' or 'House', accompanied by a good cup of tea. Sometimes we enjoy a little bit of chocolate or some other delicious but slightly naughty snack. We usually share whatever snack it is we have, but a couple of nights ago we had both chosen different bars of chocolate. My fiance was happily tucking into bar of Montezuma's finest 70% dark chocolate, whilst I enjoyed fig and orange dark chocolate by Seeds of Change. Whilst my fiance made the tea I was amused to read what was printed on the back of my bar:

"Open this wrapper and, summoning all the willpower you can, hold back for just a moment.
First, breathe in this chocolate's aroma: Trinitario cocoa giving the chocolate it's rich complexity. The delicate orange zest with tangerine overtones. All imbued with fragrant figs, ripened under the hot Aegean sun.
Now taste.
By the way, we only use figs from female fig trees (the males being inferior, are discarded). Sexist? Fruitist? Unashamedly yes."

It made me chuckle, especially when my fiance declared, "SEXIST chocolate?", his eyes wide with horror. It reminded me of Yorkie bars a few years ago when they boldly stated that they were 'Not for Girls.' Well, here I have found a far tastier alternative for us women than nasty Nestle. And my fiance was most miffed when I refused to share my chocolate, because it was chocolate for girls... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment